NWP Special Notice for Interested Vendors to Support COVID-19 Potential Requirements
Closed 13 days ago
1. General. This is a SOURCES SOUGHT and is for INFORMATIONAL/MARKET RESEARCH purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION OR BID, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2. AT THE TIME OF POSTING THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE, THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO REQUIREMENTS FOR THESE SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED.
2. Potential Contractor Information. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Northwestern Division, Portland District (CENWP) is seeking capabilities statements from the contractors that operate under the following NAICS codes listed below as a result of the COVID-19 virus outbreak to provide remediation support. The Portland District is particularly interested in receiving capabilities statements from businesses located in and around the Portland Metropolitan Area and the Pacific Northwest, however, all firms based in the United States are invited to respond to this notice.
3. Should requirement(s) arise from this sources sought using a NAICS code below, the proposed requirement will be met either via a contract vehicle, Blanket Purchase Agreement, or a Government Purchase Card. At this time, there are no known identified requirements to support these NAICS efforts listed below. This Sources Sought is to identify interested vendors ahead of these requirements who are capable and interested in supporting work within these NAICS categories.
North American Industrial Classification Codes (NAICS):
236220, Commercial and Institutional Building Construction (Size Standard $39.5 Million)
336611, Ship Building and Repair (Size Standard 1250 employees)
561720, Janitorial Services (Size Standard $19.5 Million)
562910, Remediation Services, (Size Standard $22.0 Million)
561790, Other Services to Buildings and Dwellings (Size Standard $8.0 Million)
Vendors working under NAICS areas not listed here can submit their information as well. Please clearly identify the NAICS code for which you could provide services/supplies for COVID related emergent requirements.
4. USACE NATIONWIDE SUPPORT NEEDS
NOTE: Vendors with the ability to perform or supply items 1, 2 and 3 below are requested to send capabilities statements to our dedicated COVID-19 Contracting mailbox at: COVIDContracting@usace.army.mil
1."Build-out" or retrofit of existing space (arenas, convention centers, dormitories s, hotels, or other facilities) into alternate care facilities
2. Field Medical Units
3. Temporary Medical Enclosures
Your email should list the following on the subject line:
- Company name
- Type of capabilities (i.e. Large Business-Construction, Sm Business-Construction, Hospital Infrastructure, Hospital Beds, Disinfecting materials, Other, etc.)
Please Note: Vendors of other supplies and services are welcome to submit capability or interest statements regarding support of the USACE COVID-19 Response. All interested parties are requested to register at the Beta.Sam.Gov website under the "Disaster Registry" tab.
5. Point of Contact for small business questions or assistance in the Portland District Deputy for Small Business, Carol McIntyre at 503-808-4602 or Carol.A.McIntyre@usace.army.mil.
6. Submission Instructions for Paragraph 3 Portland District Specific COVID Companies seeking capibilities statements from.
Responses to this Sources Sought notice must be submitted electronically (via email) Subject: NWP Interested Contractor List for COVID-19 Support. Please send to Kathryn Newhouse at Kathryn.A.Newhouse@usace.army.mil and Nathan Ellyson at Nathan.R.Ellyson@usace.army.mil as soon as possible. Responses will be accepted on a continual basis. There is no suspense or expiration associated with this notice.
a. A firm’s response to this Sources Sought shall be limited to 5 pages and shall include the following information:
b. Firm's name, address, point of contact, phone number, e-mail address, CAGE and DUNS number, and the Construction Bonding Level per contract (if applicable).
c. Provide relevant information on firm's experience/capabilities as it pertains to the your firm and the applicable NAICS code(s) that your submitting capabilities for.
d. Discussion of firm’s ability to obtain labor and equipment in the Portland Metropolitan Area, as applicable to your NAICS code. Capabilities statements may include a listing of owned (or accessible) equipment and information regarding the firm’s workforce. Please DO NOT include Personally Identifiable Information in the capabilities statement.
e. If your firm takes the Government Purchase Card (GPC)
f. Firm's Small Business Category and Business Size: Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged (SDB) includes 8(a) firm, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Woman Owned (WOSB), includes Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
6. Disclaimer and Important Notes. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow up information. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work.
Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or to provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses, a solicitation may be published on SAM.gov, however, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
All interested firms must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov and remain current for the duration of the contract to be eligible for award of a Government contract.
CAGE Code: All vendors are required to have a CAGE code. FAR subpart 4.18 requires contractors to be identified by its own actual CAGE code on contract actions; there is no exemption to the requirement for a CAGE code. CAGE codes are also assigned as part of SAM registration OR New CAGE code are requested by the vendor by clicking on "Request/Update" on line at the cage.dla.mil website. If the contractor choose to apply and obtain a CAGE, then complete SAM later, they will be able to enter their DLA-assigned CAGE into the SAM system, which will prevent duplicate CAGE assignment.