Under Bridge Inspection Truck Rental
Closed 32 days ago
The US Army Corps of Engineers, Walla Walla District is seeking sources to provide a specialized piece of equipment, an under bridge inspection truck (UBIT), is required to provide access to the bridge structures. The Contractor shall provide inspection truck with the capabilities described below. The inspection truck shall be in good condition with all documentation of inspections and repairs of the inspection truck available for the government’s review. The Contractor shall certify that the inspection truck has been inspected in accordance with ANSI 92.8 within one year of when the truck will be used to inspect the bridges. Any deficiencies or problems noted in the truck’s inspection shall have been corrected. Two operators shall be provided with the inspection truck, with one to operate the truck and one to operate the bucket and assist the government inspector. The operators provided shall be fully trained and certified to operate the inspection truck. The Contractor shall be responsible for lodging and transportation to and from the project sites for the inspection truck operators.
Salient characteristics of under bridge inspection truck. The UBIT shall meet or exceed the
following performance capabilities, characteristics and capacities:
• Horizontal Underbridge Reach 30 feet
• Vertical Reach Down 30 feet
• Vertical extension of 4th boom 5 feet
• Basket Capacity Minimum 450 pounds
• Basket Floor Size 40 inches by 60 inches
• Maximum truck width 8 feet 6 inches
• Basket controls on both basket and truck
• Intercom between basket and truck
This sources sought is to determine how many businesses, large and small, would be interested in and capable of
providing an Under Bridge Inspection Truck that meet these specifications.
This is not a solicitation. This information is for planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a
commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract.
Interested parties that respond to this sources sought announcement should submit the following information:
(1) Your intent to submit a quote for this project when it is formally advertised
(2) Name of firm with address, phone and point of contact.
(3) CAGE Code and DUNS number or a copy of your System for Award Management (SAM) information
(4) The category of small business (if applicable), such as 8(a), HUBZONE, or SDVOSB etc.
(5) Statement of Capability (SOC) stating your skills, experience, knowledge, and equipment required to perform
the specified type of work. This should include documentation of past specialized experience and technical
competence in similar work for which your firm was the prime contractor.
Interested parties should submit their responses to Melita Doyle, Contract Specialist, via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your response to this notice must be received by 10:00 AM PST,
June 9, 2020.