Combat Support Service Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS-VSAT) satellite communications system
Closed 28 days ago
The U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) is conducting this market survey notice to determine possible sources of supply, for the parts in “Appendix A”, and services for the AN/TSC-183A Combat Support Service Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS-VSAT) satellite communications system. The AN/TSC-183A CSS VSAT is a highly effective, easy to use, transportable commercial Satellite Communications (SATCOM) based solution that supports the exchange of broadband information up to Sensitive Information (SI). The AN/TSC-183A CSS VSAT is rapidly deployable to anywhere in the world, and is fully integrated into the Global Information Grid (GIG). The AN/TSC-183A CSS VSAT provides worldwide data and voice communications, Access to the Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), from any location in the world where a satellite signal can be transmitted and received.
This Market Survey is for information ONLY, and will be used for preliminary planning purposes. NO proposals are being requested or accepted with this synopsis. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals and NO contract shall be awarded from this survey. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this synopsis or any follow up information requests. The US Army is conducting this Market Survey to determine potential interest of prospective supply and service providers in a contract to provide repair parts to the Army Supply System, and for DEPOT level overhaul and repair (O&R) services for the AN/TSC-183A Combat Support Service Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS-VSAT) satellite communications system.
The repair parts include but not limited to a 1.2 meter Carbon Fiber Dish, Block UpConverter (6 Watt) (BUC), Low-Noise Block downconverter (LNB), Feed assembly various circuit cards for positioning and control, modem, Toughbook, and other associated hardware and cables. The US Army has approximately 3700 systems deployed throughout the world with various CSS units. The Government does not have detailed technical data.
Interested manufacturers/vendors should understand that any of these items supplied must be form, fit and functional equivalents of and be completely interchangeable with items the current parts used in AN/TSC-183A CSS VSAT.
Interested manufacturers/vendors shall be able to provide DEPOT Level support for all other components of the CSS-VSAT; to include repairing complete terminal units, replacing repair parts deemed DEPOT level repair, and conducting overhaul of systems as required. This can be completed through RESET Program, general upgrades as required by government, or other program.
The Government does not have detailed technical data. A respondent must be able to prove to the Government how Depot level and field problems can be identified and corrected without the aid of detailed design drawings.
Potential bidders should be able to provide training about troubleshooting, maintaining, resetting and overhaul and on the job training AN/TSC-183A CSS VSAT.
Interested manufacturers/vendors shall be able to mitigate obsolescence and re-engineer system (hardware and software) for the life of the contract.
Manufacturers/vendors not currently qualified as Approved Sources of Supply will also be required to qualify their product(s) via the First Article Test (FAT) requirements stipulated Prospective manufacturers/vendors may be required to warrant that items they supply will perform satisfactorily when used in the intended application by the military.
A written response must include evidence of the respondent's ability to support the described equipment by via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact Mr. Biruk Shiferaw, (443) 395-6149 or Mrs. Suzan Salib, (443) 395-6146.
Please complete the following questions. If a question does not apply, please enter N/A or non-applicable.
1. Provide a brief summary of the company and its core competencies.
2. Please provide the following Point of Contact information on all responses:
Point of Contact:
3. Describe your Company's past performance in the manufacturing and/or supplying of the AN/TSC-183A Combat Support Service Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS-VSAT) satellite communications or similar system in the past. Provide Contract Number, Point of Contact (POC), e-mail address, phone number, and a brief description of your direct support of the effort. Also provide Part Number(s), National Stock Numbers (NSNs) and last repair and/or manufacture date(s).
4. Describe the qualifications of your engineering staff, who have experience in the design and production of application similar in complexity and technology to AN/TSC-183A Combat Support Service Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS-VSAT) satellite communications system
5. Describe your company's experience in identifying the test equipment for components similar in complexity and technology to what is used in AN/TSC-183A Combat Support Service Very Small Aperture Terminal (CSS-VSAT) satellite communications system. Also Provide statement with supporting data to demonstrate company’s readiness assessment to successfully produce compliant units to meet form, fit, and function requirements when integrated into the next higher assembly and for its intended function.
6. Describe your company's experience in managing obsolescence issues.
7. Does your company maintain a Program and Assessment Tool to monitor and analyze the availability of components to allow clear and precise tracking of all obsolescence issues? If so, please elaborate on the Program and Assessment tool(s).
8. Describe your company's experience in identifying the alternatives for the unavailability of obsolete materials or components to mitigate obsolescence issues.
9. Discuss your company's capability in meeting US Government delivery requirements for this specific product.
10. Do you have product(s) or keep products in stock? If you do please provide Part Number(s) and National Stock Numbers (NSNs).