This is a SOURCES SOUGHT/REQUEST FOR INFORMATION NOTICE only for the purpose of Market Research. Response to this notice will be used for information and planning purposes. No proposals or quotes are being requested or accepted with this notice. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS or QUOTES and NO CONTRACT SHALL BE AWARDED FROM THIS NOTICE. This notice shall NOT be construed as solicitation or as an obligation on the part of the Department of the Air Force. Responses to this sources sought is not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation.
Proposed work to be performed under the aforementioned contract is anticipated to be within the following North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes as follows, 423450: Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical System and Instrument Manufacturing. The size standard is 200 employees. The government is looking for businesses capable of delivering the following.
• Qty (1) PortaCount Model 8048 (115V Generator) N95-Companion™ technology
• Carrying case
• AC adapter
• AC power supply with global plug adapters
• Alcohol supply (sixteen 30 ml bottles of 99.5% reagent grade isopropanol – enough for ~240 hours of operation)
• FitPro™ Ultra Software
• Particle generator
• Standard accessory kit (twin tubing, zero filters, spare wicks, alcohol fill capsule and cartridge, USB cable)
• Filtering Facepiece fit testing kit (probe insertion tool, probes, lock nuts, lanyard)
• Quantitative respirator fit testing (QNFT)
• Half-mask fit testing
• Full-face fit testing
• Disposable filtering-facepiece fit testing for Series 100/99/95/P1/P2/P3 masks
• SCBA fit testing
• Gas mask fit testing
• PAPR fit testing
The product will be delivered to Eielson AFB, Alaska. The USAF is requesting the following information from interested vendors:
1) Company name and contact information to include phone number and email.
2) Contractor capability statement.
3) DUNS number and CAGE code.
4) Contractor request for details/facts to be provided by the government as part of an eventual solicitation package to allow for accurate contractor quotes.
5) Business type (large business, small business, small disadvantaged business, 8(a)-certified small disadvantaged business, HUBZone small business, woman-owned small business, very small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business) based upon North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 423450, size standard of 200 employees.
6) What is a reasonable amount of lead time for order/delivery of material?
7) Please provide any examples of models your firm may have previously performed in Alaska or other austere locations.
8) Provide any additional information that your firm feels the government should consider for this type of requirement.
Interested parties should send all information via email to SSgt Jeffrey Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT/REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. Information must be submitted to the previously stated point of contact no later 2:00 PM Alaska Standard Time on 24 September 2020.
An actual solicitation may be issued in the next week. The closing date and time for submission of offers will be contained in the solicitation package. Paper copies will NOT be available. The entire solicitation, including the specifications and/or drawings, will be made available only on the official U.S. government website to make, receive, and manage federal awards at https://beta.sam.gov/. Interested Parties are solely responsible for monitoring the aforementioned site for the release of the solicitation package and/or any updates and/or amendments to any and all subject documents. It is the sole responsibility of all Interested Parties to register for notification updates to any and all subject documents for the said action. All contractors MUST be registered in the System for Award Management database or their proposal will not be considered. Contractors can obtain further information on the System for Award Management at web site https://www.sam.gov.
This announcement shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a solicitation or ultimately award a contract. In the event a solicitation is developed, it will be assigned a formal Request for Quote (RFQ) number and the announcement will be published on the Beta SAM website at https://beta.sam.gov/. Potential interested parties are responsible for monitoring this site for the release of the solicitation package as well as downloading their own copy of the solicitation and amendments, if any.