Iarnród Éireann (IÉ) invites Applications from suitably qualified companies to participate
in the Pre-Qualification process for the proposed tender for the Supply and Delivery of
insulated glue joints to its concrete sleeper factory in Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
A PRE-QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE IS ATTCHED TO THIS NOTICE AND MUST
BE COMPLETED AS REQUESTED.
This will be for a one year fixed price period with the option to extend annually for up to an
additional two years.
• Rail will be free issued to the successful contractor – predominantly 10, 12,
15, 18m lengths but specials of greater or shorter length may be required from time to
time – any specials will be priced individually under the contract.
• Rail section will be predominantly CEN54 (kg/m). There may be a small
requirement for joint installation in 113lb or CEN60 (kg/m) from time to time but these will
be priced individually under the contract.
• Joints to be predominantly fitted centrally, but offset joints may be required
from time to time.
• Running edge side to be marked
• Joints to be manufactured and tested as per Network Rail Specification
NR/SP/TRK024, NR/SP/TRK064 & RE/PW/268
• Based on an annual average requirement of 200 joints per year.