The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) wish to appoint a
suitably experienced Contractor to undertake dredging works at Dunmore East
Fishery Harbour Centre (DEFHC), Co. Waterford, Ireland. The works required are:
1. Dredge DEFHC and approaches to a design dredge depth of -3.6m CD
(-6.06m OD Malin) in accordance with the Works Requirements and contract
2. Disposal of the dredged material at a suitable licensed disposal facility(s) taking
into account the Site Information provided.
Chemical analysis has shown that most of the dredge material is contaminated
with heavy metals and TBT and cannot be disposed of at sea. Disposal options
may include, but are not limited to:
• Disposal at a contaminated dredge spoil facility abroad (CDF);
• Disposal at a suitable licensed landfill facility in Ireland;
• Re-use of the material in construction and/or
• Disposal in a containment location accessible by sea.
Disposal of the material will include all works required to treat and/ or transport the
material prior to disposal in accordance with current legislation and regulations.
The Contractor will determine whether or not the material needs to be treated, as
this will depend on the method of transport and/or disposal location chosen.
The approximate quantity of material to be dredged is estimated to be 27,870m3
(for information only). This is the in-situ unbulked quantity not allowing for
dredging tolerance. The date for completion of the works is 14 September 2015.