Hydro Energy Demonstration System
- Must be designed to demonstrate the main principles of hydroelectric
power and be fully functioning.
- The system must comprise the scaled-down components of a
hydroelectric generation unit with a turbine (preferably Pelton type) which is
connected to a synchronous generator.
- A controlled pump or similar device should be used to drive the turbine.
- It is essential that real-time data (i.e. power levels, pressure, flow rate
etc.) of the system can be easily viewed for examination purposes.
- The demonstration unit must be easily transportable, ideally on a trolley
or pedal system.
- The demonstration unit must be able to be moved through a doorway of