Cork County Council proposes to establish and operate a Framework Agreement for Road Reconstruction and Resurfacing Projects and Ancillary Works on Regional and Local Roads throughout County Cork.
The Framework Period will be 24 months. The Procuring Authority may, at its absolute discretion, extend the Framework Period by a further 24 months in 12 months increments such that the total Framework Period will not exceed 48 months.
The proposed projects may include any or all of:
• road reconstruction of both road base and road surfacing,
• site preparation, road retreading and cold milling,
• construction of kerbing and footpaths,
• raising of service covers and ironwork,
• provision of drainage and ducting,
• road lining and signage,
• ancillary and accommodation works.
Also included will be:
• responsibilities of Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS).
• traffic management and control
• setting out of works
• materials testing
The Works Contracts to be tendered under the Framework will qualify as either Type 1 or Type 2 Contracts in terms of Health and Safety requirements.
The Works Contracts to be tendered under the Framework will vary in nature and may range from simple footpath and kerb construction contracts to significant road reconstruction, resurfacing or overlay contracts.
It is envisaged that the proposed Framework will be contractually governed by the ‘Public Works Framework Agreement’ (PW-CF9).
For further details refer to the "Information Memorandum" included with the Tender Documents.