Kildare County Council proposes to establish and operate a multi-Party Framework Agreement for Building Planned Maintenance Works. The proposed works include but are not limited to:
• Vacant house repairs,
• Renovation of new purchases,
• Disabled Person Grant (DPG) extensions and alterations, and
• Repairs and minor improvements to occupied houses.
The works may be carried out in rural and urban areas and may involve structures/Dwellings not in the ownership of the Contracting Authority. Where works are to be carried out on dwellings or other structures these dwellings and structures may be either vacant or occupied.
A large variety of projects and activities may be specified under the Framework Agreement for Building Planned Maintenance Works. The frequency, scale and type of projects may vary depending on the needs of the Contracting Authority and the urgency of the work required.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the type of projects and activities that are envisaged to be procured through this Framework. Many projects will require a number of the various activities listed below.
• General repairs and maintenance to the building fabric;
• Roofing works including but not restricted to the refitting of roof tiles, slates, ridges, lead flashings, valleys, soffit and fascia, gutters, and downpipes;
• General plumbing and heating repairs and maintenance including in some instances full heating system replacement;
• Retrofitting of measures such a Doc M compliant bathrooms, toilets, ramped accesses, and widening of doorways;
• Internal modifications to houses including alterations to rooms/bathrooms/attics etc;
• General electrical repairs and maintenance;
• Repairs/replacement of fire backs, fireplaces, chimney stacks, flue liners, cappings and pots;
• Demolition/re-building of chimneys;
• Replacement of windows and doors, both internal and external;
• Construction of boundary walls and concrete post & rail fencing;
• Sewerage and drainage works;
• 2nd fix carpentry works inclu