1. Alteration, recladding and insertion of new roller shutters to an existing asbestos clad steel framed structure of 1250 m sq.
2. New internal sunken pit section forming bus maintenance area and deepening of the existing pits.
3. New drainage connections and associated site works.
4. New internal structures consisting of single and two storey accommodation and storage areas of 535m sq. of ground floor and 295m sq. at first floor level
5. New Mechanical and Electrical installations in all areas.
6. New external bus chassis wash structure and associated civil works
7. Construction of a new mezzanine level and alterations of a storage building.
8. New sprinkler and pumped hydrant system including new water tanks and pump houses.The sprinkler and hydrants will be a novated element.
9. Removal of existing slate roof, approx. 4400m sq.and reinstatement of new.
10. Repair of existing timber roof trusses using conservation methods
11. Removal of internal vegetation and debris
12. Installation of new natural slate, lead, patent glazing and zinc roof materials to 4400 m sq in addition to the new insulted cladding to the roof of 1250 m sq.
The building is a protected structure bus garage and parking yard. The contractor will have a site hoarding to separate the site form the activities. The main contractor will be appointed as PSCS and be fully responsible for all traffic management measures required for access and egress.
The building is with the curtilage of protected structures, the contractor shall demonstrate previous experience of working on protected or historic buildings with traditional materials and suitable experience of installation of mechanical and electrical equipment of a similar nature. Submissions are to be on etenders and two physical copies are to be sent to Dublin Bus