The Project is to provide a solution for improved cooling within the Main Tele Communications building at Altnagelvin Hospital. The aim is to allow the temperature to be maintained at a level that is recommended by the equipment manufacturers as well as providing contingency for future expansion of the rooms use. In addition to providing additional cooling the Trust wants a “free cooling” solution to be introduced that will result in lowered energy consumptions and the most efficient operation of the room.
The works will be carried out within the Main Telecommunications Room of the Altnagelvin Site. This room will remain functioning during the works. The room is located in a basement level of the South Wing.
The works will include:
• Installation of passive cooling mechanical equipment, including ducting, fans and heat recovery units
• Installing chilled air conditioning units
• Associated buildings works – provision of access routes for ducting
• Installation of fire dampers
• Installing and setting of BMS controls
The contract period will be 10 weeks