NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands CSU on behalf of NHS England West Midlands and North Midlands is inviting suitably qualified and experienced providers to bid via an open tender process to deliver a high quality, sustainable screening service to eligible women with a high risk of breast cancer.
The key objective of the Procurement is to commission a High Risk Breast Screening Surveillance Service (“the Service”) for the West Midlands (Government Office area) which will deliver a high quality, sustainable service with equitable access to eligible women requiring MRI.
• To procure a service provider to deliver High Risk Breast Screening Surveillance to eligible women requiring MRI in the West Midlands.
• To procure a service that can deliver the specialist screening to eligible women at a consistently high quality.
• To achieve a service model that is sustainable in terms of service quality, service delivery and financial cost.
• To procure a service that offers equitable access to High Risk Breast Screening Surveillance of consistent high quality and in line with national guidance for eligible women requiring MRI, residing within the West Midlands.
• To establish a specialist High Risk Breast Screening Surveillance Service that seamlessly links with relevant healthcare services, including the responsible local NHS Breast Screening Services.
The population covered by the high risk breast screening surveillance service are residents of the West Midlands Government Office region including the Local Authority Districts of:
• Stoke on Trent
• Telford and Wrekin