Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit (GEM CSU) on behalf of East Leicestershire and Rutland Clinical Commissioning Group (ELR CCG) are seeking suitably qualified and experienced providers to deliver a nurse led Urgent Care (minor injury and illness) Services.
The aim of the service is to ensure a safe, timely, effective and value for money minor injuries services that meet the needs of local people in the context of the broader urgent and emergency care system. The service will be complementary to the day time Monday - Friday minor injury service provided within registered primary care providers.
The service will be delivered from a 4 Urgent Care Centres in the following locations:
• Oadby and Wigston (7 days per week including evenings). This service will include medical cover, providing medical back up to the other centres
• Market Harborough (evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
• Melton Mowbray (evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
• Rutland (evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
It is the intention of ELRCCG to enter into 1 contract for this service. However, a consortium/partnership proposal for the 3+2 year contract would be considered. The estimated annual contract value for this service is £1.7m.
The aim of the service is to:
• Ensure that patients with urgent care needs access the right care in the right place, by those with the right skills, the first time
• Improve access to high quality, accessible urgent care services seven days a week
The Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation will be available from 21/07/14 and should be completed by the closing date of 5pm on 03/09/14.
All submissions will be evaluated using the scoring criteria which is contained within the ITT -Document 1.
Clarifications may be asked during the procurement process, the deadline for clarification questions is 5pm on 27/08/14.
All correspondence relating to this procurement throughout all stages of the process must be managed through the Great