Background to the Requirements
The Ulster Scots Agency currently operates in essentially a 9am-5pm environment. There are occasions that persons work outside this time from approximately 8am- 8pm.
All IT related matters within the Agency are managed by the Finance and Administration Manager and the Director of Corporate Services. They do not have suitable skill set so are the main contacts and perform housekeeping routines as opposed to any overly technical operations. The key systems used within the Agency are as follows:
• Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 (Version 6.0, Build 6002:Service Pack 2)
• Exchange Server 2007: Version 0.8.01.0436.000
• Symantec Back Up Exec 12.5
• Black Armour Discovery V1.40 Back up to NAS box
• Microsoft Office professional Edition mix of 2007 and 2010.
• Pegasus Opera 3 (Microsoft Visual Fox Pro database)
• XRL Reporting which links the data source and Excel allowing information to be exported to Excel worksheets from multiple database tables
• Pegasus Opera 3 payroll (Processes Northern Ireland Payroll)
• Sage Quickpay Version 14 (Processes Southern Ireland Payroll)
• iCritical -provider of cloud-based services for web security.
• Trend Micro Security 16.02.2122.
During 2014 the Agency will be introducing a new grants database which has not yet been identified. We see the maintenance of such a database being handled by the supplier of the database as it will be a bespoke system. The database purchase will not be part of this procurement.
During 2014 the Agency wants to review its backups of its emails. Currently the .pst file is stored to individual PC’s and we want to introduce an email solution which will back up archived emails to a cloud solution which archives emails but has them available for the user live when required. This will be part of the contract.