Tender for Absorption Chiller and Associated Plant Energy Reduction Performance, at the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust
The Trust have made good progress in implementing a number of energy and carbon saving initiatives which include combined heat and power plant, large scale LED lighting retrofit and electric vehicle use. We now wish to extend our energy saving programme and have identified a number of energy conservation measures. We have commissioned a feasibility study to cover the following measures: Pump and control upgrades, Air Handling Unit upgrades with BMS integration, Flue Gas Heat Recovery and absorption chilling. This provides a projected energy saving benefit of £259,000 with an associated LT carbon saving of 20kt. The proposed system will also provide improved lifecycle, maintenance and resilience benefits through the installation of new equipment. We also anticipate additional cost benefits through reduction in Carbon Price Floor and Emissions Trading Scheme payments.
Description of the Work
- Complete the design development.
- Undertake the detailed design of the following systems:
- Gas Flue recovery System from the existing CHP.
- Installation of New absorption Chiller
- Enhanced AHU Control
- Enhanced Pump Controls
- Develop a certified energy performance model utilising he International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP) as the framework. This includes but is not limited to:
- Selection of an appropriate IPMVP option (A, B or C).
- Detailed energy performance model of the new design/plant.
- Overview of metering architecture and accuracy.
- A detailed M&V plan and example of an annual M&V report.
- Ensure that an extended warranty for any new plant and a service contract is built into the energy performance contract and, as minimum, covers the duration of the contract – suggest 3 or 5 years.
- Develop an energy performance contract using the project payback period as a guide – typically 3 no. years.
- Supply, install, balance, test and commission the building services installations defined in the following Sections:
- B01 Mechanical Services Performance Particular Specification
- Drawings listed in Clause A11.110.000.
Full details can be found in the tender specification documents
Tender Issue: 06/11/2014
Tender Return: 09/01/2015
Tender Evaluation & Award: T.B.C.