The purpose of the assignment is to engage an expert to;
• Report on the proposed Trust pharmacy delivery model, usage and associated costs in the Portadown area;
• Work up options that would be available for the Trust to provide pharmacy services within the CTCC, potentially to include medicines management, minor ailments, palliative care etc;
• Identify the implications of the different delivery options in terms of repeat prescribing, footfall and finance, benchmarking against best practice;
• Identify options for improvement in terms of customer service as well as opportunities to increase and/or improve commercial opportunities and the resulting levels of revenue generated by the Trust;
• Make recommendations around a best practice delivery model, how further opportunities might be developed, the impact on existing service delivery and the steps necessary to deliver the preferred option.