The University of Wolverhampton is seeking to procure various item of laboratory equipment for teaching purposes to undergraduate students of Chemical Engineering. The University needs to procure a variety of equipment suitable for teaching Energy and Material Balances and basic Filtration Techniques to undergraduate students in chemical engineering. Use of the equipment will enable a clear demonstration of theoretical principles of chemical engineering.
A brief summary of the equipment required as part of this tender is listed as follows;
1. Saturation Pressure which introduces to students how the temperature of water behaves at its boiling point with variation in absolute pressure.
2. Hydraulics Service Bench which covers all aspects of the teaching of hydraulics in a safe, visual and easy to understand way
3. Bernoulli’s Theorem Demonstration which shows the application of Bernoulli’s Theorem and circumstances where it does not apply
4. Computer Controlled Heat Exchanger Service Unit which can be used for a wide range of demonstrations into the modes of heat transfer. The factors that affect heat transfer can be investigated and some of the practical problems associated with the transfer of heat can be clearly demonstrated
5. Extended Tubular Heat Exchanger, which demonstrates the classic counter current flow conditions where the outlet of the heated stream is hotter than the outlet of the cooled stream
6. Mass Transfer and Diffusion Coefficients which is self-contained bench mounted apparatus for the determination of diffusion coefficients of vapour in air. Bench mounted apparatus for the determination of diffusion coefficients of components in the liquid phase.
7. Filtration Unit which demonstrates the principles of batch filtration using a fully functional plate and frame filter system. The student is able to take experimental data and use it to help make decisions on the size and operation of a filtration plant in order to meet economic and