The purpose of this procurement is to select a supplier to assist The British Library in supplying an efficient, centralised IT Service Management solution and improving upon its established support services
Overview of Requirements
Efficiency and automation of workflow will be high on our list of priorities as we seek to improve the balance between time spent logging and time spent resolving calls. These improvements will not be at the expense of our need to accurately track and record all incidents and requests, or the maintenance of an accurate inventory of assets and users.
The diversity of support required by our users should be reflected in the flexibility and customisable nature of the product. It should be a recognised major player in its chosen field (Gartner Quadrant recognised) and able to expand to incorporate the growing needs of our business and advances in related technologies.
The new tool will:
• Replace Touchpaper
• Be ITIL verified and support all ITIL V3 processes
• Support an integrated Service Catalogue and Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Support an integrated customer portal which will automate some requests and allow users to log and track incidents
• In particular support updated and improved processes around:
• Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Change Management
• Request Fulfilment
• Service Catalogue
• Provide improved reporting around KPIs - essential for good service management
• Support integration with other toolsets and applications for instance SCCM, SCOM, Outlook (email) and Mitel VOIP Telephony.