There are five broad aims:
(1) Characterise the invertebrate assemblages using saltmarsh, grazing marsh and sand dunes around Teesside, using a combination of standardised methods and free-ranging searches
(2) Characterise the invertebrate assemblages using similar habitats on Lindisfarne, again using a combination of standardised methods and free-ranging searches
(3) Compare the invertebrate assemblages recorded on Teesside with those recorded on Lindisfarne and evaluate their quality in a national context
(4) Determine the condition of the notified invertebrate assemblages on Lindisfarne SSSI
(5) Provide habitat management recommendations for invertebrates on Teesside and Lindisfarne.