The supply and installation of Traffic Signal and Pedestrian Control equipment at new or upgraded installations at locations specified by Roads Service throughout Northern Ireland
Traffic signal installation may include any of the following modes of
operation approved for traffic control on roads in the UK:
• Fixed time,
• Vehicle Actuated,
• Urban Traffic Control,
The installation work will comprise:
• Preparation of the Traffic signal controller specification and subsequent controller configuration,
• Testing of the traffic signal controller at the suppliers premises and, if required, at Roads Service premises,
• Installation of cabling and associated work
• Installation of the specified method of detection, including, if required, all slotcutting, installation of detector loops and feeders, and their connection.
• Commissioning of the equipment and completion of the Taking Over Certificate.
B. The Supply Only of traffic signal equipment and its delivery to Roads Service premises within Northern Ireland, or to a suppliers base in such a location as to enable the equipment to be delivered to any site in Northern Ireland within 2 hours.
C. As built drawings.
D. Full documentation.
(including all that is required under IEE regs
E. Traffic Signal Controller Specification
As part of the preparation for the Traffic Signal controller specification under “A” above the Traffic Signal Supplier may be asked to undertake some associated scheme preparation work.