The Project is for the provision of maintenance services and remedial works for specialist security systems within the Northern Ireland Prison Service (NIPS) Estate.
NIPS is part of The Department of Justice (Northern Ireland).
The NIPS estate incorporates three operational prisons, a prisoner assessment unit, training college and headquarters building.
The framework provides for the planned and reactive maintenance (on a 24 hour call-out basis for reactive repairs) for a range of specialist security systems including, but not limited to, those identified below:-
• CCTV systems,
• staff/inmate personal attack systems,
• intercoms systems, UPS systems,
• PID systems,
• Pegging systems,
• Fire Alarm systems,
• Samaritan systems,
• cell call systems,
• head-end system integration and control systems,
• intercom systems
• access control within house-blocks and site wide where appropriate
• hydraulic systems (gates and blockers)
• electrically controlled turnstiles.