The Air & Environmental Quality Unit (AEQU) requires maintenance of the NI Air Quality Archive and Website. The Contract is the continuation of the collation and dissemination of the information and data about air pollution in NI via a dedicated website which must also be maintained on behalf of the DOE.
The information will originate from a number of sources including:
• automatic and non-automatic monitoring networks across NI;
• the Department /DEFRA research contracts;
• air quality research reports and papers; and,
• guidance and other documents issued by the DOE or other Government Departments and NGO’s.
The information will be disseminated through:
• management of a Northern Ireland Air Quality Information Archive and Website using the existing URL at www.airqualityni.co.uk;
• management and maintenance of the Air Quality Database
• preparation of reports and tables of data required for annual publications of environmental data published by the DOE, and;
• provide alert information on the website on high air pollution, in conjunction with DOE-issued SMS text alerts and any other communication channels as appropriate.
All aspects of the work involved in this contract and carried out by the contractor must be INSPIRE Directive compliant.