The Housing Executive wishes to procure suitably qualified and competent persons to provide a comprehensive service for the installation, removal, repair and call out service for stair lifts. The service will be provided through a framework that will cover all stair lifts in the Housing Executive housing stock across Northern Ireland.
Stair lifts are installed in domestic dwellings to allow a disabled person access to the first floor of the dwelling. The Housing Executive have two types of lifts to be maintained/installed:-
1. Straight Flight Stair lifts
2. Curved Rail Stair lifts
The Service required will comprise of the following items of work to the Housing Executive’s Stair lifts in domestic dwellings:
• Service & Maintenance of all lifts
• Assessment and completion of repairs to lifts
• Replacement of worn and defective parts
• Installation of new lifts or stored previously used lifts
• Removal and disposal, or refurbishment and storage of lift units
• Response to call outs 24hrs/day, 7days/week
• Testing of lifts as directed by the Housing Executive
This procurement is to provide response and planned maintenance services for a range of through floor lifts currently installed in approximately 1200 of the Housing Executive’s properties across the entire province.