Community Vasectomy Service for three CCGs including NHS Nottingham North and East CCG, NHS Nottingham West CCG and NHS Rushcliffe CCG with the possibility of extending the service to other CCGs in Nottinghamshire at a later date.
The community service will carry out the procedure under local anaesthetic to all adult males who request it and are of sound mind, not acting under external duress and are registered with an NHS Nottingham North and East CCG, NHS Nottingham West CCG or NHS Rushcliffe CCG General Practitioner (GP), or registered with the respective CCG GP if the service is extended to include other CCGs in Nottinghamshire at a later date.
• To provide quality local community vasectomy procedure using the no scalpel technique under local anaesthetic
• Offer a choice of community based locations for treatment
• To provide services that comply with accepted best practice, relevant guidelines in clinical practice and robust governance arrangements
• To provide a complete holistic patient focused care package; including pre and post-operative care, information, advice and counselling. All verbal counselling will be supported by accurate, impartial printed or recorded information (in translation, where appropriate)
• Offer an appointment for the procedure no earlier than 2 weeks, and no later than 3 weeks after the pre-operative assessment to ensure a cooling off period is allowed. The maximum cost for the whole pathway for delivering the community vasectomy service including all post-operative testing and notifications will be £250. The maximum cost for pre-procedure counselling appointment (support, advice and assessment) only will be £50 (i.e. patients who do not continue on to the procedure).
To express an interest and receive all the process documentation for this project, please refer to GEM CSU Procurement (BravoSolution) Portal (link below to Project_22 and ITT_9. Closing date for completed submissions is 17:00hrs Mon 27th Jan 2014.