The Central Procurement Directorate (CPD), on behalf of its client, CCEA is seeking to engage an experienced and competent service provider(s) for the provision of Computer-based Assessment Method(s) / Solution(s) for literacy and numeracy (for Years 4-7 in Primary Schools in Northern Ireland).
The contract will require the proposed method(s) / solution(s) to be tailored for the Northern Ireland market and will include both a testing, trial and standardisation phase which must be completed no later than 31st March 2012. Full roll-out / implementation across all Primary Schools, including Special Schools and Irish Medium Schools must completed no later than 31st August 2012.
The aims of this project are to:
• Provide a user-friendly, computer-based assessment method(s) for literacy and numeracy (see 3.8. for definitions) for all Year 4-7 pupils in Primary Schools in Northern Ireland (inc. Irish Medium Primary Schools and Units) capable of being used for diagnostic purposes;
• Provide a timely and efficient marking system for the assessments completed;
• Provide comprehensive information at pupil, class, year group and school level;
• Highlight pupils’ strengths and areas for development;
• Provide outcomes and feedback to inform the teaching and learning at pupil, class, year group and school level;
• Provide outcomes and feedback in more than one format, e.g. tabular and graphical information; and
• Provide year-on-year information and trends over time.