The HPA Laboratory in Newcastle provides specialist molecular diagnostic services for the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the North East region as a whole. The laboratory requires the provision, installation and commissioning of an automated solution for the extraction of nucleic acids from clinical samples prior to molecular diagnostic testing.
The solution must be:
• Capable of extracting viral and bacterial nucleic acids from serum, plasma, CSF, urine, and respiratory samples
• Have a throughput of up to 6 samples per run
• Minimal reagent preparation preferably utilising prefilled, sealed reagent cartridges
• Rapid sample processing of less than 30 minutes
• UV decontamination of the workstation
The solution must be stand alone preferably without requiring a PC controller. There should also be the provision for warranty, consumables, and ongoing service, maintenance and support. The resultant contract will also be used for any future purchase of similar equipment for any other location within the HPA during the period of the contract.