This contract (type) will be a Design & Build contract. The works involve a part on-line/part off-line improvement of the A2 Shore Road from single carriageway to Dual 2-lane carriageway (D2AP) from a point approximately 250 metres north of the junction with Jordanstown Road northwards for a distance of 3.5 Km to a point approximately 150 metres north of the junction with the access road to Seapark House incorporating:
• 1.9 Km of on-line 6.75 m wide dual carriageway construction.
• 1.6 Km of new off-line 7.3m wide dual carriageway construction.
• Four new at-grade roundabouts, three of which are signal controlled. These are referred to as University Junction, Shorelands Junction and Station Road Junction. The remaining conventional roundabout is referred to as Seapark Roundabout.
• New and improved road junctions.
• Various structures including a new overbridge at Whinfield Lane on the off-line section and retaining walls and boundary walls along the on-line section.
• Drainage including culverts and headwalls.
• Accommodation Roads and Access Roads.
• Kerbs, footways and cycleways.
• Traffic signs, road markings and road lighting.
• Accommodation works for affected land owners, some of which incorporate structures as described above.
• Alteration and renewal of Privately and Publicly owned Utility Company apparatus.
• Landscaping works incorporating tree and shrub planting.