The University is seeking an experienced Contractor to carry out the refurbishment of various areas of, and extension to, the existing MC Building at the University’s Campus in Wolverhampton. Particular features which the University wishes to encapsulate within the facility include:
• Part refurbishment of the existing MC catering building and fit out
• MC catering extension
• Draft lobby alteration works
• Courtyard improvement work including West Yard resurfacing
• Lift entrance extension works
The successful contractor will be expected to facilitate the ongoing trading of the food court albeit at reduced capacity and due consideration will need to be given to sectional completion both within the Refectory, Courtyard and lift entrance works.
The works will be procured under a JCT 2011 Design & Build form of contract with amendments as included within the PQQ. The completion date for the whole of the works is required to be no later than 19th September 2016.
The requirements here include:
• The successful Contractor must have a minimum of £10,000,000 Public Liability Insurance
• The successful Contractor must have a minimum of £10,000,000 Employers Indemnity Insurance
• The successful Contractor must have a minimum of £5,000,000 Professional Indemnity Insurance
• The Tenderer must have a minimum annual turnover of £6.5 million.
• The Tenderer must have a Credit Safe Score of ≥30.
Additional Qualification elements are as follows:
• The Tenderer must hold a valid Constructionline Registration.
• The Tenderer must hold an accredited independent third party certificate of compliance with BS OHSAS 18001 / a relevant Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) certificate which includes Construction Contractor, Principal Contractor, CDMC, Designer, Group, and non-Construction as part of the SSIP audit.
• The Tenderer must hold a valid ISO 9001 (Quality Management) certificate.
• The Tenderer must hold a valid ISO 14001 (Environmental Management