The University is seeking an agreement via competitive Tenders from suitably qualified organisations in response to an Invitation to Tender for the renovation and reinstatement of the Assembly Hall located in MA building.
The site is located at the MA Building, City Campus (Wulfruna), WV1 1LY. The works involve the refurbishment of the existing Assembly Hall. The scope includes the restoration of the existing flooring, new doors, stage, drapery, curtains and retractable seating as well as the decorations and M&E installation comprising extension to the existing heating and ventilation systems, new lighting, power and data services. (Note: All strip out works have been procured and delivered separately.)
The form of contract will be the JCT 2011 Intermediate Building Contract with Contractor's Design as amended by the schedule of contract amendments as detailed within the tender documents.
The completion date for the whole of the works is required to be no later than 29th January 2016.
Mandatory requirements (Pass/Fail) for this opportunity as below:
• The successful Contractor must have a minimum of £5m Public Liability Insurance
• The successful Contractor must have a minimum of £10m Employers Indemnity Insurance
• The successful Contractor must have a minimum of £5m Professional Liability Insurance
• The Tenderer must have a minimum annual turnover of £1.5m and a Credit Safe score of ≥30
• The Tenderer must be Constructionline registered
• The Tenderer must have a valid CHAS or equivalent Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) accreditation
• The Tenderer must be ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) certified
• The Tenderer must be ISO 9001 (Quality Management) certified
• The Tenderer must confirm that they operate a a CSCS accreditation scheme for all site staff
• The Tenderer must confirm that all site staff have received Asbestos Awareness Training
• The Tenderer must attend a Site Visit on Wednesday 26th August