Salamonie Dam Retreat Channel Repairs, wherein the project locale is the Salamonie Dam located in Lagro, Indiana
Closed 36 days ago
By way of this Market Survey/Sources Sought Notice, the USACE-Chicago District intends to determine the extent of firms engaged in providing the construction services described hereunder for the “Salamonie Dam Retreat Channel Repairs,” wherein the project locale is the Salamonie Dam located in Lagro, Indiana. The responses to this Notice will be used for planning purposes for an upcoming procurement. Therefore, this Notice does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP); it does not guarantee the future issue of a RFP; nor does it commit the government to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. Further, this Agency will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondents are advised that this Agency will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Notice; all costs associated with responding to this Notice will be solely at the responding party's expense.
At this time, proprietary information is not being requested, and respondents shall refrain from providing proprietary information in response to this Notice. Responses to this Notice will not be returned. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. Not responding to this Notice does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if any is issued. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the U.S Government to form a binding contract. It is the responsibility of the interested parties to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this Notice.
GOVERNMENT REQUIREMENTS: Under the planned Contract, the work includes furnishing all materials, labor, and equipment required for repair of features at Salamonie Dam and incidental related work. The project contract base work includes tree clearing; constructing an access road with gate and pullouts along the downstream toe of the dam from Pefley Road; repaving Pefley Road; drilling and blasting an access ramp with mesh support and guardrail; installing culverts with headwalls and riprap under the ramp; cleaning and scaling loose rock debris above the outlet; placing filter fabric and riprap along the east wingwall; replacing the staircase; and moving excess spoil material to the spillway to restore prairie. The contract will also include the following option work:
Option 1 work includes rehabilitating the horizontal drainage blanket; cleaning the ditch at the toe; filling the scour hole under the flip bucket; removing large debris from the channel; moving the channel island to restore the left bank; adding riprap along the dam toe and left bank.
Option 2 work includes applying shotcrete to the slope above the outlet; repairing the concrete lined swale along the east downstream toe; and installing a vibrating wire piezometer into each existing monitoring well.
Option 3 work includes paving the access road and ramp.
REQUESTED INFORMATION: This Agency requests that interested contractors complete the following questions to assist the government in its efforts.
1. Firm’s name and BUSINESS SIZE, address, point of contact, phone number, and e-mail address.
2. Is your company currently "active" at the System for Award Management (http://www.sam.gov)? If not, does it plan to register? Contractors are now REQUIRED to be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) AT THE TIME ITS BID IS SUBMITTED to comply with the annual representations and certifications requirements (Reference: FAR Subpart 4.1102 – Policy (a)).
3. In consideration of North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 237110, with a small business size in dollars of $36.5M, which of the following small business categories is your business classified under, if any? Small Business, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman-Owned Small Business, HUBZone Small Business, or 8(a) Small Business.
4. Is your firm capable of obtaining a performance and payment bond for a construction project valued between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000? Is your firm interested in performing as a subcontractor or prime?
5. Is your firm interested in performing as a subcontractor or prime?
6. Does the interested vendor have experience in the work described for this project? If so, how many years?
7. In the consideration of the aforementioned government requirements, if your firm were to see an advertisement for this planned procurement within the next two-three months, would your firm be interested in providing a bid?
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES: Responses to this Notice shall be provided to: Annette Lakes and Regina Blair prior to 4:30 p.m. (CDT) on 5 June 2020, via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com In the subject line of your email, please include the following Notice NUMBER "W912P620S0013,” & Project Title "Salamonie Dam Retreat." Any electronic files (EMAIL) CANNOT EXCEED this Agency's size limit of 20MB (includes email and its attachment); files exceeding this size will be denied access to the aforementioned emails.
In advance, we really appreciate your responses!
NEGATIVE REPLIES ARE WELCOMED.