Iarnród Éireann is undertaking a programme of repairs and maintenance on the
Drogheda Viaduct at Drogheda, Co Louth. This is a large steel viaduct with 3 spans
of 41, 82 and 41 m respectively. The viaduct spans over the River Boyne in Co
Louth. A part of this scheme is to renew 3 underslung inspection trolleys. These
trolleys are to run on an existing rail and each will operate with manual propulsion.
The trolleys all have minor differences in their span however they are approximately
span of the trolley is 6.850 m. The trolleys are to be fabricated from aluminium and
designed for a live load suitable for inspection and minor maintenance.
This enquiry is for supply and delivery of the trolleys only as installation will be
undertaken by Irish Rail internal Bridge Gang.
Summary of requirements
The works are to encompass the following:
1. Examination of proposal scheme drawings.
2. Site Inspection and survey.
3. Production of fabrication drawings.
4. Fabrication of units and delivery to Drogheda, Co Louth.
5. Attendance for installation of the units.