Construction of Rail Bed and associated works on Bord na Mona owned lands close to Abbeylara, Co Longford.
The scope of works is to bring the site (peat) to a state of readiness for industrial rail installation and will include the following:
1. Cut and fill works in peat lands to achieve required formation levels.
2. Bulldozing and shaping of headlands.
3. Construction of new rail bed of approximately 3,250 metres in length to a top width of 5000mm incorporating:
a. Trimming and shaping of bed formation to accurate lines and levels.
b. Supply and installation of woven polypropylene geotextile (with UV stabilisation) of approximately 3,250 metres in length to a top width of 2400mm.
c. Supply of Cl. 503 20/40 aggregate or 37.5mm clean single size crushed rock aggregate and installation to design levels in 200mm layers over above mentioned geotextile of approximately 3,250 metres in length to a top width of 2400mm.
4. Track bed / production field ditching.
5. Construction of all associated drainage to service the new rail bed and adjacent production field.
6. Creating of hardstanding’s for storage of Industrial Rail materials