A research and development project focussed on the development of the Burren Ecotourism Network as an independent, self -sustaining business network in the Burren region. The Network provides members with a framework for the advocacy and practice of a sustainable approach to tourism development in the region.
This project is to be completed over 2 years, and should deliver a commercially viable and financially self-sustaining business model for BEN, incorporating a number of areas for research and development. Potential areas of research could include (not an exhaustive list, and in no particular order, the order and prioritisation of tasks should be included in the response to tender):
- Development of ongoing relationships with public agencies and local stakeholders
- Growing the membership and retaining existing members
- Developing ecotourism experiences/products
- Integrated and online booking capabilities
- Identifying public funding opportunities (including European)
- Developing sponsorship relationships and opportunities
- Development of a management structure and associated processes and procedures
- Communication strategies to develop the network into a more inclusive and participative entity
The results of this R&D project will be the delivery of a series of detailed reports, over the space of 2 years, including a development strategy and recommendations for execution by the management team.
Type of Contract: