As part of a planned maintenance programme, the moorings of the weather buoy network are replaced annually. At present a requirement exists for the supply of replacement rope for the M6 weather buoy. This buoy operates in 3000m water depth in the open Atlantic Ocean, approximately 200 nautical miles west of Ireland. The technical specification of the rope required is as follows:
• Rope must have at least 34 tonne breaking strain.
• A 3m sample of rope and a proposed thimble will be shipped to MI on request
• Finished rope or rope assembly must be greater than 24mm and less than or equal to 26mm finished diameter.
• Rope must be 4600m in length:
• The first 2500m will have a specific gravity of <1.0 (Add a different color to the outer braid, or a strand, to the specific gravity <1.0. side of the rope).
• The remaining 2100m will have a specific gravity of >1.0 Make sure that the outer end of the rope on the reel is the specific gravity >1.0.
• The rope needs to be terminated at both ends with a closed thimble to protect the rope and to prevent the rope from slipping. The thimble type and options to be discussed prior to termination.
• The Rope must be a continuous length with no joints
• The rope can have a separate core and braided or other outer layer
• Period of time to delivery date
Full details are available in the attached Invitation to Tender document.