The Marine Institute requires a Pick Up Drop Side vehicle for its Newport research operations.
The vehicle will be required to:
• Cope with both tarmac and gravel road surfaces.
• Transport large water tanks (~1000l).
• Carry various nets (wet weight approx. 800kg) and equipment for survey work.
• Carry 3 members of staff i.e. 2 passengers.
The minimum technical requirements for the vehicle are listed below:
• 2.0 Diesel engine
• Manual transmission
• Power Assist Steering
• Carry 2 passengers
• Pay Load Minimum Capacity 1200kg
• Minimum Load Compartment area 4.9m2 due to size of Fish Transport Tank
• Max Length 5300 – a LWB is not suitable for the work being undertaken
• Max Width 2300
• Air Conditioning
• Lashing points for load restraint
• Cab storage space
Warranties and after sales support must be outlined, providing details of service packages offered.
Full details are available in the attached Invitation to Tender.Type of Contract: