Provide consultancy and technical support services as part of “SWARE” project activity to develop a “Green & Blue Infrastructure Masterplan Roadmap for Tipperary Waterways”. The waterways forming part of this brief are the parts of Lough Derg and River Suir within the administrative area of Tipperary County Council. Scope of Key Tasks to be undertaken and reflected in Report produced include:
1) Literature Review – all published and non-published reports and data;
2) Identification and mapping of major eco-systems (including associated eco-systems – woodland and wetland) and identification of current eco-system services such as economic, environmental and human;
3) Identification and mapping of existing Green & Blue Infrastructure;
4) Assessment of current ecosystems and their services and description of the potential for green and blue infrastructure, such as identification of core areas, landscape corridors, stepping stones, buffer zones, linear zones, artificial features and multi-functional zones;
5) Planning for green/blue infrastructure, including planning concept, zoning, corridors and activities and creating indicative land-use maps/illustrations for both Lough Derg and the Suir in the green and blue infrastructure categories;
6) Setting out mechanisms for implementation, including detailing concrete actions/projects to
be developed (infrastructural, marketing/promotion, etc) . To include preliminary Appropriate Assessment screening, for each action/project identified, indicating if a detailed AA is required should the action/project be proceeded with.
With regard to 2) to 6) above, there may be a need to undertake a certain level of “ground-truthing” in order to fulfil these tasks.
TCC is required, as part of the SWARE project, to have relevant Institutional/Stakeholder involvement in implementation of project activity and to establish a Stakeholder & Institutional Learning Group (SIG) which will act as a steering group during timeframe of this task.