The contract is for the capping in geo-membranes and soils of wastes within an
existing landfill site. The works are an addendum to a landfill capping project
undertaken in 2005. The works on site shall include the following main elements:
• Excavation and re-grading of existing soils and waste material over the area to
be capped. Approximately 15,000m2.
• Installation of capping geo-membranes including gas geo-composite, LLDPE
liner and surface water geo-composite. Approximately 15,000m2.
Excavation of soils on site for use within the proposed capping to an overall depth
of 1m. Volume 15,000m3.
• Installation of Surface Water Drainage systems to the periphery of the proposed
cap and within the landfill site.
• Installation of Gas Collection System to enable extraction and flaring of landfill
• Remediation of approx 1000m2 of an existing slope slippage area on the
existing land site.