A The coordination of the Museums Standards Programme for Ireland (MSPI)
1. The facilitation of participants to reach interim and full accreditation under the
2. The facilitation of those museums that have already reached full accreditation
to maintain standards.
3. Engagement with museums and collections who wish to participate in the MSPI.
4. The coordination of all processes of assessment merited by the MSPI
5. The coordination of the core training programme for the MSPI participants with
a minimum of three sessions in a calendar year.
B The promotion of the programme and its objectives
1. Ongoing development of the MSPI section of the website and other
communication resources as appropriate.
2. Identifying future opportunities for the programme to develop, for example, the
updating of standards.
3. Pursue linkage and collaboration with appropriate Public Sector bodies
including local authorities in particular their heritage, arts, museum and library
4. Pursue linkage and collaboration with other initiatives such as the emerging
Historic Towns Initiative and the Irish Walled Towns Network and the emerging
museum training hubs.