The Marine Institute, a semi State body, wishes to invite tenders for the supply of
expertise to assess the impact of fishing on Zostera (Seagrass) in Cill Chiaráin,
Conamara. The study will involve SCUBA diving operations to monitor the effect
of dredging on Zostera and will be carried out between March and August 2016.
The diving operations will involve taking core samples of Zostera rhizomes and
recording Zostera shoots and associated epifauna.
The Marine Institute requires a dive team to carry out the survey programme as
outlined in survey protocol (See Appendix 2.) To facilitate this the Tenderer must
provide for the duration of the work:
• A 3 person dive team and all associated dive equipment
• A suitable dive vessel
• Appropriate sampling equipment and sample storage
• Post survey analysis of the samples collected
• Post Survey data compilation and provision of quality assured data set to
the Marine Institute
• A report of the field work undertaken.